Sunday, June 27, 2010

Caswell!!!


So I got back from Camp Caswell last Saturday and man it made me tired! I don't think I have cried that much ever in my entire life. God is great and that whole week made me realize a whole lot of stuff. One of my new favorite songs is Healing is in His hands. The main chorus is "How high, how wide, no matter where I am, healing is in Your hands, how deep, how strong, now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands." So people, no matter what you are going through, God is doing it for a reason. He would not put you in a situation where you are not capable of handling it. He will not set you up for failure. He is not that kind of person. He does everything because He loves you. The picture above is of me and one of my really good friends Jessie Metty. She is absolutely amazing. I love her to death. We also had an amazing guest speaker at Camp Caswell. He is a former NFL player. He played for the Indianapolis Colts in the 1990's. His name is Derwin Gray. He is an amazing preacher. His career ended 6 years after starting to play football. He permanently hurt his knee and was no longer able to play so he became a preacher and an author. One of the most in-depth things he said was, "Sin will keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay." This statement is so true! This guy is amazing. The verse that lead us through the week was Colossians 2:6-7. This verse says, "As ye have therefore recieved Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving." This verse is basically saying that you should stay strong in your faith and stand strong because you have recieved Christ Jesus the Lord. Camp Caswell is definitely one of the most amazing places I have ever been. That's all for now! Over and Out!! :)
-BRITT

3 comments:

  1. Caswell looks amazing! I am going next year! I can't wait. haha. You are so pretty. Just saying. :)

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks makay! love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anymore cute pics???? :D haha.

    -makay

    ReplyDelete